Thursday, August 10, 2006

Old Fashioned Chivalry

For some reason, I always find the vision of being able to lean on a guy and cry on his shoulder while he strokes my back very comforting. The vision is always in black and white, I can never see his face, I can only hear his voice. I know that people say chivalry is so old fashioned, annoying, sexist. But sometimes, I find it kind of sweet. I do admit that I'm a bit of a feminist, I believe that females can do anything males can, (With the exception of certain bodily functions of course) but admit it. If you had to pay for a guy's dinner on a date, you would be pissed and wouldn't want to go out with him ever again, right? If a guy paid for your dinner, you wouldn't mind. I think its a really nice feeling sometimes. Just the arm around you, the jacket when you're cold and you can still feel his body heat on the jacket against your skin, letting you go in first when he opens the door. Its almost politeness that I rarely see on some guys. Chivalry is the only way where they won't be afraid to actually act somewhat polite and not be viewed as a wimp. The only chivalrous thing I wouldn't like is the whole hankerchief thing. Thats just gross. Its like offering someone a used tissue. However, I suppose that could be replaced with a pack of tissues. Anyways, I don't think chivalry is dead...at least, I hope not.

No comments: