Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ikea Furniture

There's always a love/hate relationship between me and Ikea. I always look forward to their catalogues and I love going there to try all the furniture out. The displays always seem to be perfect, all the rooms with different themes. There are warm toned kitchens that I can imagine a mother making pancakes for her sons in the morning while they scramble and wolf down their breakfast before going off to school. There are living rooms where I can imagine a happy couple cuddling, surrounded by glowing candles while its snowing outside. There are bedrooms where I can imagine me sitting there, dreaming of the future, myself, and everything else about life. Theres something about the lighting, or the happy laughing people in the pictures of the catalogue that make me feel almost envious. I want to be laughing with my family in a nicely decorated room. I want my house to have that clean, soft white light they always have in catalogues and air refreshener commericals. It seems so picture perfect, I almost feel like photoshopping myself into one of the Ikea catalogue photos. I suddenly feel very pathetic as I'm jealous of a furniture company's catalogue with names of furniture that I can never pronounce with stores that are simply too easy to get lost in. Sickeningly pathetic.

No comments: