Friday, August 11, 2006

Forums

I've been on a couple of forums and I have accounts in a few places and I've been on the internet for a while, but all this time, I've only been on the popular sites, the popular forums. So today, I decided to have a look at those forums with extremely few members and virtually no hits. I felt kind of sad going through forums with only five members, twenty posts, and the most members they've ever had online was two. I've always liked the idea of starting a forum where I'm the head admin and I have full control over the content of the boards, I set the rules, I can ban people, etc. But now, I don't think I'm ready for something like that. I mean, to start off with, I would need a group of people I trust to be staffers and help moderate. I don't like to go on forums where I discuss things with people I know personally, because that would be somewhat pointless. If I wanted to discuss something with them, I could always call them. So I would have to rely on e-friends. Unfortuantely, I don't know that many people on the internet and I don't want to rely on random strangers to help me. Also, I would probably have to be somewhat familiar with coding systems to help the boards run properly. And there's the biggest issue of them all. In order for a forum to be effective, I would obviously need members. Judging by the number of boards I saw today with less than ten members, I doubt that any forum I create would be a success. *Sigh* maybe someday...

No comments: