Monday, August 14, 2006

Evolution

I know this is very nerdy of me, but I always wondered how it must have felt for neanderthals (sp?) when evolution first started. I mean, it might have started off with the baby with the slightly weird chin, then that baby grows up and has a kid with the same chin. At first, the odd chin is shunned from the rest of the clan, then eventually as time goes past, everyone in the clan has the weird chin. But what about the initial fear of the first guy with the weird chin? He must have felt like a freak at first, but eventually the weird chin must have helped him survive. (don't ask me how) while the "normal chin" people died out. So are we still evolving today? You hear of these babies born with weird, almost mutated functions (or perhaps a product from me watching too much X-Men) could it be that they're evolving? Could it be that someday, a new species of humans will walk the Earth and Homo Sapiens Sapiens will become extinct? Will there be archeologists studying our remains and houses? Will my diary be placed into a museum? They'll probably talk about our primitive wedgy alphabet and they'll probably think that braces are some sort of rank distinguishing jewelry and lockers will be coffins and shopping malls will be regarded as palaces. Computers will be some sort of shrine placed in people's homes. I mean, its entirely possible that we think people before us had primitive cultures but maybe they didn't and its just the way we're interpreting it.

Well, what a surprise. The rambling nerd strikes again!

No comments: