Saturday, July 22, 2006

Pirates of the Caribbean 2




I finally watched the movie today, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. I waited for awhile and today, on impulse, I decided to go alone, something that I've never done before. Anyways, back to the movie...

I must say that Johnny Depp was brilliant as Jack Sparrow, he had the charm and the humour to bring out the character. Almost all the humour came from his character and his acting is great. He managed to make Jack humorous, cowardly, but a captain at the same time. Keira Knightly and Orlando Bloom were kind of bland. I mean, their acting was alright but it was just overshadowed by Johnny Depp. The story itself wasn't as good as the first one but the special effects were much better.

But I think I'll still watch the third one when it comes out. (yes, I admit, Orlando Bloom is one of the reasons)

No comments: