Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Dark Chocolate

Being an avid reader/fanfiction writer, I've come across at least a hundred similies/metaphors all dealing with love. There's love is like a rainbow/cloud/sunlight, etc. My personal favourite is love is like chocolate, at first it tastes good, but it ends up being bad for your health. Or maybe that was boys, I don't really remember. Anyways, my personal metaphor is love is like dark chocolate, to be able to truly enjoy it, you need to know how to find sweetness in the bitter and bitter in the sweet. But the thing is, with dark chocolate, I can only ever eat one square at a time, never two in a row, because then the bitter overpowers the sweet and it no longer tastes like anything. Just pure bitterness...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do agree with that, you know. Hence the sweets title of my OuaTiM fic series - Caramel and Mocha - the sweetness tinted/touched by bitterness. And I also agree with the same in RL: I have experienced that as well.
Kerttu from Fanfiction.net