Friday, July 21, 2006

Leather Wallets

For some reason, I have a sudden desire to buy a tan-coloured leather wallet. I have a couple of wallets at home and all of them are in good condition and everything but I suddenly feel like I need a 'grown-up' wallet. Not one of those 'trendy' wallets, but the ones that, in my imagination, a successful, beautiful woman would take out of her bag to pay for a coffee at Starbucks in the morning before heading to work. It will be a high quality wallet, genuine leather. I know it sounds disgusting that I'm using animal skin as an accessory, but leather comes from bulls, which are killed for their meat anyways, so making use of the animal and using their skin wouldn't be cruel like using fur, because with fur, the animal is killed for the sole purpose of its skin.

I've always wondered one thing about guys. Whereas girls have lots and lots of wallets, guys buy one wallet, always black leather, and that's the only one they'll ever get. My dad uses a black leather wallet and all the guys I know use a black leather wallet and sometimes when I go to the corner store, I see grandpas using black leather wallets. Is it a guy thing? Does a black leather wallet make you more manly?

No comments: