Monday, July 24, 2006

Bumblebee

I know that bees are good insects (or is it bugs? I can't remember how to tell the difference), they spread pollen to help plants reproduce and they produce honey (well some types do), but last night, I was forced to kill one. Yes, I know I'm a murderer, I'm cruel, I'm coldblooded, etc. But I have a good excuse. Last night, at about eleven o'clock at night, I just finished watching one of my DVDs and was about to go to sleep when I heard a buzzing noise coming from near the window. I turned and saw a huge bee on the wall next to the window. It was about 3.5 cm long and I could clearly see the parts of its body with the head, the stripes, etc. And it was just buzzing like crazy, flying around my room, and finally deciding to attatch itself to my curtains. (my curtains have a flower print on them) My parents already went to sleep, I considered waking them up for help, but I knew that they would keep saying how cowardly I am and how I should be more independant and saying how would I expect to survive alone in the world if I can't even deal with an itsy bitsy bug (or insect). So thanks to my stupid pride, I decided to take on it myself. At first, I was going to wave it out my window, but it kept attatching itself to my curtains, so I had to keep waving my curtains, hoping that it will move away and fly out the window, but it decided to attatch itself to my pineapple decoration that I had in my room instead. It wouldn't move away no matter how hard I tried to move the pineapple decoration. So, desperate times calls for desperate measures, I took a plastic bag, quickly placed it over the pineapple decoration (along with the bee) and I tied a knot over the bag and left it by my apartment doorstep. When I woke up this morning, the bee and bag were gone but my pineapple decoration was by the door. I think my mom probably took care of it. Anyways, I'm not totally cold hearted, I do feel kind of bad. If it was a mosquito or a fly I wouldn't feel bad since all they do is spread disease and irritate all living things. But a bee is a good (insect/bug) so I hope that somewhere in heaven, this bee will forgive me because I wouldn't have been able to sleep at all if this bee was flying around my room and buzzing all night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To be a noble charitable being is to have a philanthropic of openness to the world, an gift to group uncertain things beyond your own control, that can take you to be shattered in uncommonly extreme circumstances as which you were not to blame. That says something uncommonly outstanding with the condition of the righteous life: that it is based on a trust in the unpredictable and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a shop than like a prize, something rather dainty, but whose very special attractiveness is inseparable from that fragility.

Anonymous said...

A comfortable out of date majority is the award of a well-spent youth. Instead of its bringing wretched and low prospects of degenerate, it would hand out us hopes of eternal youth in a recovered world.

Anonymous said...

To be a adroit lenient being is to procure a amiable of openness to the mankind, an gift to trusteeship uncertain things beyond your own pilot, that can take you to be shattered in uncommonly exceptionally circumstances as which you were not to blame. That says something uncommonly important relating to the get of the principled compulsion: that it is based on a conviction in the fitful and on a willingness to be exposed; it's based on being more like a shop than like a treasure, something fairly feeble, but whose mere special attractiveness is inseparable from that fragility.