Saturday, December 30, 2006

Saddam Hussein Executed

Turned on my computer today with someone on my msn list with the news of Saddam's execution on their display name. So I quickly went on Google News to check if it really was true, so, clicked on this: http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/articlenews.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-12-30T082755Z_01_KHA021421_RTRUKOT_0_TEXT0.xml&WTmodLoc=SciHealth-R6-MostRead-2

I don't know whether I'm happy or sad that he's dead. On one hand, Saddam killed loads of innocent people and deserves to burn in hell for eternity for that. On the other hand, with putting war criminals on trial, there isn't really justice. After years of brutality, the side that manages to kill enough people to win gets to write history and execute the other side as war criminals.

I suppose I feel rather apathetic towards Saddam's death.

No comments: