Saturday, December 16, 2006

Christmas Shopping

I'm an absolute scrooge, I hate going to the mall around this time of the year. There are so many people all rushing around with shopping bags loaded with presents and I can barely breathe inside the damn stores because the thermostat is turned up so high and all these people are pushing and shoving while asking loudly for the opinions of their significant others what they should get for Aunt Shirley. Meanwhile, I'm of course trudging along with the crowds trying to figure out what I get for various people while knowing that they'll throw most of the stuff in the back of their closets or exchange the presents in January. On Christmas Day, instead of spending time with family, I'll just get my ass bored off sitting at home and watching the rain fall because it never snows on Christmas and my family never spend Christmas together anyhow since we don't care about the holidays enough to fuss about stuff like this. Besides, we argue like hell whenever we sit together at the same table.

To cheer myself up, I made a list of things I want for Christmas because I am an insensitive and materialistic girl.
  • new mp3 player
  • hoodies
  • "The Sun Also Rises" by Ernest Hemmingway
  • "Breakfast at Tiffany's and other Stories" by Truman Capote
  • "The Fellowship of the Ring" by J. R. R. Tolkein
  • "The Two Towers" by J.R.R. Tolkein
  • "The Return of the King" by J.R.R. Tolkein
  • "The Hobbit" by J.R.R. Tolkein
  • "The Man" by Oriana Fallaci
  • Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Two-Disc DVD
  • gloves
  • "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood
  • one year subscription to Vogue, Seventeen, or Allure
  • Lindt Lindor chocolates
  • Rocky Road flavoured ice cream
  • new cellphone
  • Adobe Photoshop CS 9.0
  • Microsoft Office
  • Microsoft Front Page

Yes I am greedy, yeah point your fingers at me and call me a pig.

No comments: