Monday, October 09, 2006

Thanksgiving Long Weekend

Its Thanksgiving once again, the holiday of turkeys and families. We don't really do the turkey thing in my family so its pretty much like every other normal day of the year, except I get the day off and that makes me happy. I'm in a relatively good mood right now so I might as well talk (type) about all the things I'm thankful for. Since you don't realize how important something is until its gone and I feel somewhat happy at the moment, I'm thankful for all the things that I have. Not just materialistic things, but things like family, friends, and the fact that I can sit here and type these horribly phrased words and not get bombed by the government accusing me of spreading lies or something. Its pretty horrible of me to base what I'm thankful for on other people's misfortunes but come on, I mean its true. I'm glad that I have a roof over my head, I'm not in some war ridden country where women have no freedom, I'm not in a coma in some hospital, I'm not paralysed from the neck down or anything. Sure I want more in life, I'm not happy with parts of it, but hey, compared to a big chunk of the world, I'm living a luxurious life, and for that I'm extremely thankful.

No comments: