Saturday, February 03, 2007

Canadian Idol

Walked past the long line of people lining up to audition for Canadian Idol today. It seemed that every fifteen steps or so I took in the mall, I walked past somebody with a number stuck on their back, a guitar in their hand, wallowing away at some tune while inwardly I shook my head and said "Man, you're not gonna make it." There was also a huge crowd watching the potential contestants line up and various news stations were there with their cameras. I guess everybody wants to be a star. I mean, sure you hear about the scandals and the tabloids with the unflattering pictures on the front page but at the same time you see the nice clothes, the great parties, the admirers... Enough to make anybody with no vocal talent to grab a guitar and belt out their shower tunes.

No comments: